September 17, 2013

I'll Take the Rain by J.M. Snyder


I'll Take the Rain by J.M. Snyder is now available in e-book format!

My boyfriend and I go to the same college, and one of the things I enjoy most is sharing a room with him. Sharing a bed. I hoped living together would improve our relationship, which has grown rocky as of late.

But he's the jealous type, and I always seem to say or do the wrong thing at the wrong time. I don't mean to provoke him; sometimes I just don't think how my actions might hurt him.

Unfortunately, our roommate only sees us when we're at our worst, so she thinks things are bad between us. When he's angry enough at me to kick me out of bed and I have to sleep on the couch. When he snaps at me for flirting with her, even though he knows I don't mean anything by it. She never sees how wonderful he is to me sometimes, or how perfect we can be together when we're alone.

I hope her misplaced concern won't come between us. Or maybe it'll be my own stupidity that tears us apart.

Read an excerpt or buy a copy today!

1 comment:

  1. This short story packs in so much. I couldn't decide if the first person narrator was lying about his relationship to make himself feel better, there are plenty of reasons to think this, or if he really was happy with his boyfriend. The minimalist writing style gives us the reader so much room to speculate.

    Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete