April 4, 2014

J.M. Snyder on Going Pro


J.M. Snyder on Going Pro

Since I started publishing, I've received frequent e-mails from writers looking to break into writing. Many of the things that come second nature to me now took years to learn, through trial and error, and sometimes I assume other writers already know the ins and outs of publishing. But an e-mail inquiry asking for advice usually doesn't pose any specific questions, and it's hard to know how much advice to give. I often think, I should write a book advising would-be authors how to navigate the publishing process, from manuscript through to finished product.

Going Pro: One Author’s Advice on Getting Published with Small and Electronic Presses is that book!

Let me say upfront that I am not traditionally published. My experience has been in self-publishing and in working with small electronic presses, as I will explain. So if you're looking for advice on how to hire an agent, navigate slush piles, or pitch your book to an editor at one of the Big Six publishers, this isn't the book for you.

But if you're interested in learning how to perfect your manuscript prior to submission, find the right market for your writing, negotiate contracts with small and electronic presses, and begin promoting your e-book release, then grab a copy of of Going Pro today!

Read an excerpt or download a copy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment